Front-End Web Developer
— Phone: 602.770.9473
- Able to quickly produce pixel-perfect code for both rapid-iteration interactive prototypes and production web applications.
- Expert-level with responsive layouts and creating solutions for excellent user experiences in all display types.
- 15+ years practical experience in web development.
- Senior-level and leadership experience working on large-scale, high-traffic websites.
- Trained in development methodologies such as SCRUM and Agile.
- Designed CSS architecture and wrote all CSS code for fully-responsive, single codebase web app receiving 100M hits per month.
- Managed front-end development on a top 25 comScore website, including:
- Converting site to a proprietary codebase
- Building out smartphone and tablet versions
- Split testing alternate page layouts
- Speaker at 2014 HTML5 Developer Conference on responsive web development.
- Led a front-end team that built and launched 100 full-featured websites in under a year.
- Ran SCRUM planning meetings for 100+ sprints.
- Interviewed 10+ developers, which led to their successful, long-term employment.
- Red Van Workshop 2017 - present
- Senior Front-end Developer
- Worked with high-end clients, such as Sheplers, Boot Barn, and Country Outfitters building e-commerce websites leveraging the Demandware (Commerce Cloud) platform.
- Bonfyre 2016 - 2017
- Senior Front-end Engineer
- Converted the web app (my.bonfyreapp.com) to a fully responsive layout.
- Interfaced with the Bonfyre API to build social UI and administrative tools using the Backbone platform.
- LockerDome 2013 - 2016
- All CSS architecture and markup creation using Sass/Bourbon/Grunt.
- Creation of interactive prototypes for daily demos with Creative Director and CTO.
- Creation and maintenance of comprehensive Living Style Guide / Pattern Library.
- Savvis Direct 2013 (6 mo. contract)
- Created and implemented Sass/Bourbon/Neat CSS framework.
- Use jQuery and Angular JS to build out user control panel.
- Work directly with UX designers and Java developers in Agile workflow.
- Demo bi-weekly iterations of software to product owners and stakeholders.
- Answers Corporation (formerly Announce Media) 2009 - 2013
- 2011 - 2013: Manager, Front-end Software Engineering
- 2010 - 2011: Team Lead, Front-end Software Engineering
- 2009 - 2011: Front-end Web Developer
- Interviewed developers to build out the front-end team.
- Led a team of 5 extremely talented developers.
- Planned and organized a wide range of projects.
- Spearheaded the setup up a CSS architecture using Sass.
- Bug-fixing, supporting all major browsers, tablets and mobile devices.
- Thrived in a notoriously fast-paced work environment.
- Macscapacity Web Design Studio 2007 - 2009
- Client consultations.
- Created itemized estimates.
- Designed and developed websites for a wide range of businesses.
- Provided hosting, email templates, etc. for an all-in-one solution.
- Direct Alliance Corporation, contracted by IBM 1999 - 2009
- 2006 - 2009: IBM ServicePac Brand Advocate
- 2001 - 2006: IBM Operations Administrator
- 1999 - 2001: IBM Customer Service
- Provided incentives to sales reps for warranty sales.
- Tracked and graphed year-over-year sales trends.
- Contacted customers to assist in warranty activation.
- 2005 - 2008: University of Phoenix
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology
- Graduated with Honors: 3.9 GPA